Are you suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS) or Polycystic Ovarian Disease(PCOD)? You are not alone. It is estimated that up to 10% of women around the world suffer from PCOS. While there is no permanent cure for this condition, Ayurveda has been proven as an effective way to manage symptoms and reduce the severity of your case.
What is PCOS?
PCOS stands for polycystic ovary syndrome. It is a condition in which the ovaries produce too many male hormones, called androgens.
It affects approximately 4% to 20% of women of reproductive age and about 6 million people in the United States alone.
It can cause irregular periods, weight gain, acne, hair growth on the face or body (a condition called hirsutism), and problems with fertility.
PCOS is a syndrome rather than a disease. However, it is not one specific problem but rather a collection of signs and symptoms that occur together.
It is a complex syndrome in which the ovaries have multiple cysts present on them.
Millions of Indians suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a condition that can make you infertile.
People with PCOS have small fluid-filled sacs on their ovaries called follicles that contain eggs. The condition means that these sacs grow large and can become painful, eventually leading to infertility problems later in life if left untreated.
Interesting Facts About PCOS
- PCOS is the most prevalent endocrine condition in women of childbearing age and affects 6 to 10% of women globally.
- 40% of PCOS-afflicted women will acquire pre-diabetes or diabetes by the age of 40.
- Women with PCOS have higher rates of anxiety and sadness.
- Acne is one of the initial symptoms of increased androgens in PCOS-affected teenagers.
- Women with PCOS have been shown to experience sleep disruptions twice as frequently as those without them.
- Eating foods high in protein and/or fat every three to five hours may assist in normalizing blood sugar levels and reducing cravings.
Common Symptoms of PCOS
Source:- life extension
- Excessive male hormone production results in the development of male traits.
- The breasts' size could shrink.
- The voice may alter in texture and tone, sounding more like a man's voice.
- There may be hair loss.
- You can get pimples and acne breakouts on your face.
- It may cause a sudden increase in weight.
- The fertility of a woman may be impacted.
- It could result in pelvic pain.
- Facial, chest, and back hair growth.
- Gaining weight, especially around the midsection. This is a result of your body’s having excessive insulin levels, which, if unchecked, can cause diabetes.
- It is challenging for you to lose weight even when following a good diet and exercise routine.
Possible Causes of PCOS
- PCOS is a hormonal condition that causes your body to make too much of the male hormone androgen.
- Androgens are responsible for many physical changes during puberty, such as hair growth and acne issues.
- They also help to regulate a woman's menstrual cycle by producing estrogen and progesterone.
- If these hormones are not produced in normal amounts or at all, the ovaries cannot release an egg each month, which results in infertility.
- In addition to producing too much androgen, another cause of PCOS is insulin resistance.
- When your body overproduces insulin as a result of improper utilization of the natural supply.
- It can be caused by obesity or a sedentary lifestyle, both of which are common among women who suffer from PCOS.
- The likelihood of developing PCOS increases dramatically if someone in the family already has it.
- The body of a woman overproduces the masculine hormone androgen. While androgen is a hormone that affects men, the female body also produces small levels of it.
How to Cure PCOS Permanently Through Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a form of natural therapy for treating all diseases and conditions, including PCOS.
Ayurvedic doctors use their knowledge to treat those with PCOS by focusing on the three doshas—Vata (air), pitta (fire), or Kapha (water).
However, Ayurveda works well for PCOS because it focuses on removing toxins from your body and bringing it back into balance so that your hormones can function normally again.
This is done by using natural remedies such as herbs and spices, diet changes, lifestyle modifications, and detoxification therapies such as panchakarma or medicated oil massage (Abhyanga). Learn a few of them here:
1. Intake of Ayurvedic Herbs
According to Ayurveda, specific herbs and their mixtures support a healthy hormonal balance, improve the reproductive system, and treat PCOS.
Some of them are neem (Azadirachta Indica), Shilajit (purified Asphaltum), Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera, cinnamon, and turmeric.
You can consume Namhya’s PCOS tea, which contains a fine blend of Ashoka, Shatavari, Lodhra, Ashwagandha, Saffron, Garcinia Cambogia, and other Ayurvedic herbs. These herbs are used in this PCOS tea to replenish the hormones and ensure their proper operation.
2. Consume Fenugreek Seeds
The fenugreek seed extract is known to lessen PCOS symptoms and has produced encouraging outcomes in many studies.
Numerous findings indicated reduced cyst size and full disintegration, as well as regular menstrual cycles.
According to Ayurveda, it is good for the treatment of diabetes and unwanted weight gain.
Fenugreek seeds can be consumed naturally by soaking them overnight and then drinking the filtered water the next morning.
3. Add Ginger Powder to Tea
An all-natural treatment for PCOS symptoms is ginger. It is also known to control periods and maintain hormone balance.
Ginger can be eaten in different ways. For instance, you can consume its juice after diluting it with warm water.
If you have trouble doing this, try putting some ginger in your tea.
In Ayurvedic shops, ginger powder is also offered for its convenient usage.
Additionally, it provides pain relief for PCOS or menstrual pain.
4. Practice Yoga Asanas
Regular breathing exercises and the practice of yoga asanas like Vajrasana, Uttanpadasana, Vrikshasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, and Baddha Konasana help to lower tension, foster tranquillity, and improve the health of your mind and body.
All of them are suggested by Ayurveda to cure PCOS.
Some yoga poses relax the muscles and widen the pelvic region.
Additionally, a few pranayamas have the strength to relax your body and mind.
5. Take Virechana (ayurvedic) treatment
Ayurveda's virechana purification technique is a successful PCOS treatment.
One of the Panchakarma therapeutic methods, purification therapy, detoxes the body and mind.
The small intestine collects toxins from different Pitta regions of the body and excretes them.
Numerous emotional, physical, and mental ailments and problems are documented to be cured by therapy.
The symptoms of PCOS, such as hormone imbalances, irregular periods, and weight gain, to name a few, can be effectively treated with it.
6. Start Eating an Ayurvedic Diet
It is possible to effectively treat PCOS by incorporating specific dietary practices into your daily routine, such as limiting your intake of sugar, salt, and dairy products, eating a variety of vegetables and fruits, and avoiding fried foods.
The body's internal organs are strengthened and overall health is improved by including superfoods like ginger, dates, fenugreek, and whole grains.
PCOS- DO'S & DON'TS
Are you Still Looking into PCOS Diagnosis?
Then, order Namhya's PCOS tea to get regular period flow, control your estrogen levels naturally, improve weight loss, and lessen your chance of cramping up.
This PCOS tea contains the ideal components to replenish the hormones and ensure their proper functioning, including the perfect proportions of Asoka, Shatavari, Lodhra, Ashwagandha, Saffron, Garcinia Cambogia, and other Ayurvedic herbs.
All the herbs present in PCOS tea serve their best purposes, like:
- Ashoka will help with regular period cycles.
- Shatavari helps to balance the estrogen hormone level in females.
- Ashwagandha is a wonderful herb to boost your immunity and metabolism.
- Lodhra will maintain the hormonal imbalance in the body.
- Garcinia cambogia is used for reducing weight.
- Saffron can help you avoid cramps and inflammation during your period.
If you are suffering from PCOS, there is hope! The Ayurvedic lifestyle can help you manage your symptoms better. This includes practicing pranayama, reducing stress, drinking enough water, and engaging in calming, healthy activities to help treat doshas and bring hormone balance. So, if you have PCOS, do not worry. With busy schedules and stress on the body and mind, it has become more widespread these days. Make sure you take herbal products for better health.
FAQs on PCOS Causes And Natural Remedies
Q1. How can I tell whether my PCOS is improving?
Ans: The dark areas will start to fade, your skin will clear up, and your menstrual cycle will start to become regular.
Q2. Which ailment leads to PCOS?
Ans: Compared to healthy women, PCOS women exhibit a relatively high prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency, and this deficit is linked to ovulatory dysfunction, IR, and hyperandrogenism.
Q3. Does PCOS benefit from probiotics?
Probiotics are crucial for PCOS because they balance out the gut ecosystem and replenish the good bacteria in your gut.