Are you letting stress take control of your life? Are you trying too hard to complete a minuscule task? Are you still fretting over how to cope with your worries and stress?
Then, ashwagandha is the best ayurvedic herb to help you lower your cortisol levels. You can consume it regularly to keep your nerves calm and thus improve your performance levels. This herb has many other benefits after its intake.
Namhya in its trusted collection of herbs sells Ashwagandha as one of its magical herbs. You will come to know the incredible benefits of Ashwagandha before that let us know something about Ashwagandha.
What Is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is known as withania somnifera in botanical terminology. It is also known as the winter cherry or Indian ginseng. It is believed that the origins of this root belong to parts of the Middle East, North Africa, and India.
Different parts of this plant can be used for medicinal purposes. Commonly, the root of this plant is used worldwide.
As the spelling suggests, this Sanskrit word, Ashwagandha comes from two words, ‘Ashwa’ and ‘Gandha’. Ashwa means horse and gandha mean smell. Thus, literally, Ashwagandha should smell like a horse.
Interestingly, this ayurvedic herb gives strength to people that are similar to that of a horse. Various medicinal properties found in the Ashwagandha plant help in imparting that strength to your body. This strength can keep your nerves cool and keep diseases at bay.
There is a science behind the working of any ayurvedic herb. Similarly, the working of the ‘king of herbs’ or Ashwagandha is backed by science too. You will come about the working of this herb further below.
Working Of Ashwagandha For Your Body’s Well-Being
Ashwagandha provides various benefits to your body, due to its different medicinal properties. There are various bioactive compounds that are found in this ayurvedic herb, that curb many illnesses. A few of these bioactive compounds are:
- Steroidal lactones
Due to the anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of Ashwagandha, you can experience various benefits to keep your body healthy and fit. The levels of some enzymes like superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase can be increased by the intake of Ashwagandha. These enzymes carry anti-oxidant properties in them.
The vitality of your body can be increased due to an increase in haemoglobin production after consuming Ashwagandha regularly. The anti-oxidant property of Ashwagandha can benefit your reproductive health.
How To Take Ashwagandha?
You can consume Ashwagandha either in its powdered form or in the form of tablets. It can be consumed day or night time. According to your body’s tolerance levels and the aim to consume this herb, you can decide on the timing.
- If you are consuming this herb in the morning, you should have some food. Consuming Ashwagandha on empty stomach can lead to a stomach ache or mild discomfort.
Ashwagandha can be included in your daily routine. It is suggested to consume some vitamins along with it. You can also take ashwagandha powder along with delicious smoothies, or other food items.
- If you are consuming Ashwagandha, at night before sleeping, then you can have it with milk. You can have it with moon milk to have a deep restful sleep. The ingredients that are present in moon milk are:
- Choice of your milk which can be coconut, almond, etc.
- Ashwagandha powder around ½ teaspoon in quantity
- Ginger around ¼ teaspoon in quantity
- Cinnamon around ½ teaspoon
- Coconut oil of about 1 teaspoon
- Honey or maple syrup of 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder
You can thus consume Ashwagandha daily preferably in powdered form to experience its benefits quickly. You can witness the change in your stress levels after consuming it consistently for at least 6 weeks. The best time to take ashwagandha ultimately depends on the goals that you need to meet after its consumption.
Benefits Of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is a rejuvenating herb in the field of Ayurveda. It also referred to one of the ‘Rasayana’, in Sanskrit, which can improve both the quantity and quality of your life. This herb is best to use when you are experiencing burnout and want to regain lost energy.
A few of the benefits of this wonderful herb or Rasayana are:
- Promoting muscle growth and increasing strength- If you are a gym-lover and like doing physical workouts daily, then Ashwagandha can be the icing on the cake during your sessions. This herb can help in increasing muscle strength and mass.
According to some research studies, consuming around 1 gram of Ashwagandha daily can increase your muscle strength within a month. This benefit of Ashwagandha also helps recover from weakness experienced after any illness.
Thus among other benefits, ashwagandha weight gain is one of them. If you are struggling with gaining weight for a long time, then you should try having Ashwagandha for a month at least.
- In soothing anxiety and reducing stress- Ashwagandha contains essential ingredients like withanolide A and withaferin A, which play a key role in soothing anxiety. Due to the high stress, the adrenal hormones can increase in your body. The increase in these glands leads to a further increase in cortisol and adrenal levels.
Ashwagandha manages the cortisol levels in your body. Your adrenal glands also get nourished by its usage.
Around 70% of people suffering from insomnia managed to come out of it, by intake Ashwagandha. Thus, you can have a deep slumber by consuming Ashwagandha in the powdered form before sleeping.
- Ashwagandha benefits for females and males- If you want to know about ashwagandha benefits for female and males, then it is related to their reproductive growth. Fertility gets boosted by consuming this wonder herb.
According to a scientific study, intake of 5 grams of ashwagandha daily by men, is said to increase their testosterone levels and sperm count. This happens naturally when cortisol levels get balanced.
With managed cortisol levels, the necessary reproductive hormones like progesterone, estrogen and testosterone get produced. Thus hormonal balance and fertility in both females and males get improved by consuming Ashwagandha.
- Boosting immunity- This is one of the magical herbs for boosting the immune system of both elderly and young people. Ashwagandha helps in increasing white blood cells in your body.
This leads to maintaining a healthy immune system in your body. Thus, life expectancy in humans can increase with the intake of Ashwagandha. You can thus enjoy a good life with your strengthened immunity.
- Healthy heart- With increasing cases of people dying due to cardiac arrest, managing your heart health is a crucial concern nowadays. Due to the anti-oxidants present in Ashwagandha, your heart health can be managed.
The main cause of heart disease is uncontrolled stress. Since Ashwagandha helps to control stress levels, thus your heart health gets improved naturally.
Thus, if you are stressed about your heart, then invest in consuming Ashwagandha by listening to your heart.
- Improving brain function- Your brain health is extremely important for the overall functioning of your body. According to past studies, Ashwagandha has been proven to improve memory.
Your cells in the brain can be protected from free radicals due to the anti-oxidant property of this herb. Besides that, other aspects of the brain can be also enhanced by its usage.
If you consume around 300 mg of Ashwagandha’s root regularly, then you will gradually witness improvement in your concentration power, attention span and memory. The performance rate of a task also increases due to this magical herb. You can become less prone to brain-damaging illnesses like brain stroke, dementia, etc. by the intake of Ashwagandha daily with your diet.
- Ashwagandha uses for skin- Are you someone whose skin is prone to getting dull due to pollutants in the air? Are you someone who is working hard to regain the lost glow of your skin? Then, you must try ashwagandha benefits in hindi for improving your skin health.
This herb helps in the release of natural skin oils. The ashwagandha powder benefits can be incorporated to make your skin shine. You can apply this powder along with honey on your face as a toner.
Due to the astringent properties of this Rasayana, you can get a healthy glow back. Your skin can be moisturized by the application of this herb’s powder on your beautiful skin.
- Ashwagandha for hair- If you are fond of using herbal or ayurvedic shampoos for your hair, then you must have noticed a common ingredient Ashwagandha in them. This herb helps in promoting blood circulation and thus improving hair growth.
You can fight against dandruff in your hair and reduce greying of hair by using this herb regularly.
- Reduction of inflammation in your body- This herb has been used for thousands of years for reducing inflammation in your body. It can be used to fight against infections and improve the overall well-being of your body.
Ashwagandha Side Effects
Besides the various benefits of Ashwagandha, there are a few ashwagandha side effects that you need to be aware of. Some of the side effects of this wonderful herb are:
- Can cause damage to your liver- Ashwagandha can be harmful to your liver if it is consumed in large amounts.
- Harmful for expecting or pregnant ladies- Due to certain compounds in this herb, can lead to complications in pregnant ladies. There can be a miscarriage, uterine contractions, as well as early birth due to its consumption. Thus, if you are pregnant then you should avoid taking ashwagandha in your diet.
- Can cause dry mouth- There can be dryness in your mouth due to excess intake of ashwagandha.
- Can lower blood sugar- If you are diabetic, then medicines help to keep your sugar levels in check. Further intake of ashwagandha, can lower your sugar levels more. This can be harmful to your body.
- Can induce drowsiness- Since Ashwagandha is used to treat insomnia, its usage can lead to drowsiness.
- May lead to allergies- The usage of this herb can lead to chest pain, itching, skin rashes, respiratory issues, etc.
- Can affect hyperthyroidism- Hyperthyroidism can be increased by its usage
- May cause a high fever- You can go through an increase in your body temperature, by consuming ashwagandha. Thus, it can lead to high fever.
After going through ashwagandha benefits and side effects, you might be wondering, is ashwagandha safe or not? There are a few precautions to be kept in mind while consuming Ashwagandha and making the best of ashwagandha uses. Some of those precautionary measures are:
- It should be consumed with some food and water.
- To make it safe to use, please consult with your doctor if you are under some medications. As the usage of ashwagandha can interact with your medicines.
- If you are using its root extract, then consume it as a supplement.
- Though still it is not yet confirmed about the long-term effects of Ashwagandha, to be safe take it in small amounts. Excess of its dosage can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, and an upset stomach.
- If you face any issues after consumption of Ashwagandha, it is recommended to consult your doctor without any delay.
Buy Ashwagandha From Namhya’s Rich Collection Of Herbs
Are you looking to heal from the unnecessary stress of daily life? Are you searching for the best quality of the king of herbs? Is Ashwagandha price at an affordable budget, a choice for you?
Then, look no further. We have answered all your above questions at Namhya. You can purchase your favourite adaptogen, Ashwagandha from Namhya itself. This wonderful herb of ours aids in other benefits discussed above besides managing stress.
Our customers have been pleased by this product of ours for various reasons. One of our consistent customers has gotten himself rid of depression after consuming Namhya’s Ashwagandha for around 5 months. While others have seen improvement in their body’s immunity after its intake.
Would you like to make the best choice for your health and natural healing? Then, wait no more and order Namhya’s Ashwagandha from here.