A couple seeking to have a child typically focuses on the mother. However, male fertility is as important. Both sexes can improve fertility by adopting a healthier way of living. In addition, both men and women can significantly increase their chances of conceiving by modifying their lifestyles before and during fertility treatments. Experts recommend Ayurveda-derived natural treatment & some modification to your lifestyle if you're considering starting a family.
What Does Ayurveda Mean By Infertility?
The quality of a person's reproductive tissue is determined by genetics and physical, mental, and emotional health. In Ayurveda, imbalances in the three doshas, or energies, induce infertility. Infertility can result from dosha imbalances.
- An imbalance in the Kapha dosha might decrease hormone production and poor egg quality in females.
- A Pitta dosha imbalance can lead to infertility by causing inflammation and damage to the reproductive tissues.
- Alike, issues with ovulation in women and sperm production in males might be attributed to an imbalance in the Vata dosha.
Symptoms Of Infertility
These symptoms may indicate infertility in women:
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- painful or heavy period
- Failure to ovulation
- Pelvic pain or discomfort
- Trouble becoming pregnant after a year of unprotected sex
These symptoms may indicate infertility in men:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low sperm quality or count
- Pain, swelling, or lumps in the testicles
- Decreased sex drive
- Difficulty maintaining an erection
These signs and symptoms may be symptomatic of infertility, but other things, such as underlying medical issues, can also cause them. Also, infertility can occur without symptoms.
Causes Of Infertility In Females & Males
Various factors in both men and women can cause infertility. However, the most common reasons for infertility in women include the following.
The following can causes of infertility in females:
- Uterine problems: Uterine issues like fibroids, polyps, and adhesions can prevent a fertilized egg from implanting and make pregnancy difficult.
- Ovulation disorders: Thyroid issues, hormone imbalances, & polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) might make it challenging to conceive a child.
- Structural issues: Issues with the fallopian tubes, uterus, or cervix can inhibit fertilization or implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Endometriosis: This condition causes pain and infertility when uterine tissue grows outside of it.
- Age: A woman's fertility decreases as she ages, particularly after age 35.
The following can cause infertility in males:
- Low sperm count or poor sperm quality: This can be caused by genetic factors, hormonal imbalances, or exposure to toxins.
- Erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation: These problems can make sexual activity difficult for men, resulting in infertility.
- Varicocele: This is a swelling of the veins in the scrotum, which can minimize sperm quality and production.
- Infections: Infections such as sexually transmitted diseases, prostatitis, and epididymitis can lead to male infertility.
- Abnormal sperm shape or function: If a man's sperm are abnormal, the chance of fertilization decreases.
- Testicular injury or disease: Injuries or diseases affecting the testicles can impair sperm production and result in infertility.
It's important to remember that infertility can be caused by more than one cause; in some cases, the cause may not be known. Consult a doctor if you're worried about fertility. Specialists would examine for medical disorders that may cause infertility.
Natural Remedies For Infertility
What remedies are beneficial in male or female infertility treatment? Depending on the underlying cause, infertility may be treated with a combination of medication (such as Ovulation-inducing drugs), surgical, and lifestyle interventions (such as Assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs) and intrauterine insemination (IUI)).
Infertility treatments are not limited to medical options; others can be pursued naturally. Here are some natural remedies for infertility that may be beneficial:
Ayurvedic Home Remedies For Infertility
Infertility treatments based on Ayurvedic principles:
- Ama pachana & Agnideepana
An imbalance in Agni (the power of digestion) leads to the generation of Ama (toxins created when undigested food forms in the stomach), which plays a role in the onset of many diseases. Thus, treating Ama requires treating Agni with digestive and carminative Ayurvedic formulations such as Trikatu, Hingvashtaka churna, etc., and eating meals at the right time and on a schedule. Ama can be cleansed with Ayurvedic Panchakarma therapies, which balance Agni. Likewise, a strong Agni will help you keep your Ojas in good shape.
The principal dosha associated with infertility is vata. Vatanulomana, the regulation of Vata's activities, is thus essential for alleviating infertility. Ayurvedic remedies, exercise, and a balanced diet can treat vatanulomana.
Before sodhana, appropriate sneha-swedas (Snehan (oleation/massage) and Swedan (steam)) are performed forth. Vamana (emesis), Virechana (purgation), Vasti (medicated enema), and Utharavasti (special enema administered via urethral or vaginal channels) are some of the therapeutic techniques that may be employed, depending on the patient's condition. In addition, patients must follow peyadi krama (a strict dietary regimen after Sodhana). This detoxification procedure facilitates the body's removal of toxins. In addition, these procedures cure infertility-causing ovarian, tubular, and uterine issues.
- Dietary Practices To Support Your Fertility
In Ayurveda, diet is a key factor in promoting overall health and fertility. The role of diet in the treatment and prevention of disease, as well as in the maintenance of health, is undeniable. The term "Annam Brahmam" comes from ancient Indian scriptures and refers to food as "the Lord" since it is crucial to maintaining life.
Dietary management demands strict compliance and adherence to foods that promote Ojus (an intersection factor of the body's physical, mental, and spiritual health responsible for total health, energy, and vitality) and avoidance of substances that lower Ojus.
Nutrients & Diets
Nutrients and diets that promote fertility and reproductive health include:
- Healthy fats: Healthy fats like ghee, almonds, and seeds balance hormones and boost fertility.
- Antioxidants: Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants that can protect the reproductive system and boost sperm quality.
- Protein: Eggs, dairy products, and legumes are excellent sources of protein that contribute to healthy reproductive health.
- Minerals: Almonds, pumpkin seeds, and leafy greens, among other foods, are rich sources of the minerals such as zinc, selenium, and magnesium, all of which play a key role in reproductive health.
- Iron: Foods like leafy greens, red meat, and eggs are good sources of iron, which is essential for promoting menstrual health and fertility.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D, essential for reproductive health, can be found naturally in foods like eggs and dairy, as well as in fortified meals and supplements.
- Phytoestrogens: Phytoestrogens, plant-derived compounds that mimic estrogen's actions, can enhance hormonal balance and fertility. Soy, flaxseed, and sesame seeds are excellent sources of phytoestrogens.
- Avoid Fertility-destroying foods: This includes refined carbohydrates, excessive starch, meat and milk containing antibiotics and hormones, and canned fruits and vegetables.
Herbs & Spice:
Herbs are highly valued in Ayurveda for their ability to promote health and fertility. These includes:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb known to boost hormonal balance, sperm quality, and general reproductive health.
- Shatavari: Ayurveda considers Shatavari, the "queen of herbs." It regulates hormones and improves egg quality to increase female fertility.
- Gokshura: Gokshura is a herb considered to boost sperm quality and enhance male reproductive health.
- Vidarikand: Vidarikand is a herb that increases fertility, regulates menstrual cycles, and boosts reproductive health.
- Kapikachhu: Kapikachhu supports male reproductive health and sperm count and motility.
- Mucuna pruriens: The herb Mucuna pruriens is considered to promote male fertility by enhancing sperm quality and enhancing libido.
- Yashtimadhu: Yashtimadhu is a herb that promotes female reproductive health and fertility by regulating menstrual cycles and promoting hormonal balance.
This ayurvedic treatment for infertility of dietary habits may help to improve fertility, but should not replace medical treatment for fertility issues.
Healthy Lifestyle Practices
Apart from healthy dietary choices, Ayurveda also emphasizes the importance of living a healthy lifestyle in maintaining good health and enhancing fertility or treatment for pcos infertility. These lifestyles choice includes:
- Exercise: Regular exercise is essential for supporting general health and hormonal balance and can aid fertility. Expert recommends low-impact activities such as yoga, walking, and swimming.
- Weight Management: Obesity can affect ovulation by disrupting hormonal balance. Therefore, losing weight can help regulate it, boost fertility & also benefit the treatment of pcos infertility.
- Stress management: Reducing stress through meditation, deep breathing, and yoga benefits both physical and reproductive health.
- Adequate Sleep: Adequate sleep supports hormonal balance and fertility. Ayurvedic practices encourage sleeping before 10 p.m. and adhering to a regular sleep routine.
- Stay well-hydration: Ayurveda recommends drinking lots of water and herbal teas to stay hydrated, which is good for your health and fertility.
- Avoid toxins: Ayurveda & experts recommend avoiding exposure to hazardous substances, including alcohol and tobacco, because exposure to toxins and dangerous compounds can have a negative effect on fertility.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Protecting the reproductive system and improving overall health can be accomplished by avoiding harsh chemicals, such as personal care and cleaning products.
- Reduce stimulants: Ayurveda recommends reducing or avoiding stimulants such as caffeine since they can impair hormone balance and negatively affect fertility.
Everyone is different; some people may succeed more with certain lifestyle choices than others. Therefore, take a medical expert's help in recommending personalized lifestyle changes to boost fertility and health.
Buy Namhya's Rich Collection Of Herbs
Do you tend to your own needs? Are you looking for natural treatments for female infertility or treatments for male infertility?
That's it; you've carried your load. Namhya provides 100% organic herbs and natural herb-prepared tea. If you have hormone imbalances like PCOS and menstruation issues, buy Namhya's Women Health Tea here.
If you looking for herbs, Buy Namhya herbs to increase fertility and adopt a healthier lifestyle. Herbs, which have been shown in Ayurveda to improve health and fertility are Ashwagandha, & Shatavari.